Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Ed Panar




I've been looking at Ed Panar's work over and over again for quite a few months now and each time I do I like it even more. For some reason I always got the impression that his images were very small and today I read that his prints are indeed normally very small with the largest size usually being 8x10". I really admire that idea of photographs still serving their purpose as a tangible object; easily accessible and shared and passed. I'm sure his are framed and what-not, but still...you know what I mean...they are not gigantic and overbearing like everything else these days. I still really like the snapshot sensibility in photography.

1 comment:

Lauren Pressey said...

Hi Krystal.

Its Lauren, your old college roommate. I always look for you,your photography and managed to find you through...well now, I honestly don't even remember...it was certainly a long route. I love your new work. You managed to establish your style very well and I am extrememly attracted to the serence qualities within them all. They're beautiful to think about. As a photographer, it makes me imagine the moment when you first see them. It feels unexpected but certainly comes off like you are constantly surrounded by beauty.

You inspired me to start my own blog. hehe. YOu can view it at : http://laurenpresseyphotography.blogspot.com/

We'll see how that goes;) Anyhoo, hope to hear from you soon and I hope you are doing well. Sounds like you've been having a great few years. Funny, you are the third person I have found within the past month that has moved to Seattle!

Talk soon.

and yes...we did stop speaking over a stupid thermostat. My apologies:)