Saturday, February 3, 2007

stove photo

i was recently admiring christian patterson's amazing stove (revelation) photo and i thought of one of my favorite photo's from my 2004 series. The lonliness of my photo has always resonated with me and for some reason christian's photo reminds me of it (not only because of the obvious subject matter!) But, christian's is way more prophetic than mine. I also was recently looking at his cousins section of his blog and found it very enjoyable and was again reminded of the similarity of our photos. In that section he posted his "cousin" stove photo as tim barber's (also beautiful, and domestic, and simple daily life sort of feeling) stove photo. Surely there are more out there...
Photograph by Krystal McKay

Photograph by Christian Patterson

Photograph by Tim Barber

No comments: